- Lifetime Warranty on frame! 3 year warranty on fabric
- Made from aluminum metal frame panels
- Lighter than the metal Luggage Works Stealth Roller Bag
- In line skate wheels that are durable with smooth, sealed bearings that are housed in a durable plastic mount (not encased in metal)
- Fabric is a more durable ballistic Cordura nylon and waterproof standing up to airline abuse
- The outer fabric is removable, washable, and replaceable; no other bag does this
- Protective metal exterior corners to protect against wear spots
- Metal telescoping handle sits at a comfortable height avoiding the need to bend over when pulling it and can handle heavy loads placed on it without bending or breaking
- Wide wheel base stabilizes heavy loads and balances with ease for long terminal changes, even while running to catch that commute home
- Luggage J-clip is sewn to the bag, so it will never become lost
- No metal bottom to bang up your shins when lifting or carrying it
- More affordable price point for type of roller bag
- Multiple pockets on the outside to help organize belongings and keep shoes separate from the main compartment.
- The longer side shoe compartment fits shoes running shoes with a more minimal profile, while the opposite side shoe compartment fits sandals or “Toms” style shoes
- Side pocket design will snag trying to fit in the 737 flight deck and is less than ideal
- 19”H x 14”W x 7”D
- 12 pounds
- Slightly less durable wheel wells are housed in plastic as opposed to a singular, solid metal mount (however it is backed by a lifetime warranty)
- No specific padded computer pocket but some smaller laptops may still fit in the front pocket (not an issue if you are using an iPad/tablet)
Strong Bags has produced a great bag to compete with Luggage Works and has many options that we like. The frame is backed by a lifetime warranty! The exterior fabric is removable and washable which is a great feature (I have seen the lavatory system flood the cargo compartment and it wasn’t pretty if your bag was in the back). The exterior fabric is also more durable and when you need it replaced, they ship you the fabric and you can replace it yourself. This is a great option to avoid shipping the entire bag back to the manufacturer to be replaced leaving you without a roller bag in the mean time. The metal frame is durable and several pounds lighter compared to the Luggage Works Stealth roller bag.
The Mini V version from Strong Bags is basically a shorter version of the Vortex 2 roller bag. The main change, aside from being 3” shorter, is the Mini V has similar side pockets to that of the Luggage Works Stealth bag. This is a great feature to allow separate storage of your gym shoes, sandals or other casual wear. Due to this, it will not fit in the older 737 flight deck as well. For the rest of us, this is a great all around bag that has a sturdy steel frame, durable fabric, and lighter weight. As long as the few extra inches in height are not a concern and you do not carry a lap top with you on your trips, then this is the best bag for the purchase price on the market!