Green Dream Smoothie
This simple delicious smoothie is the perfect morning “pick me up” or pre/post workout staple. Made with simple, inexpensive ingredients that are a staple in our house (and will likely become a staple for you too, if it isn’t already) this whips together in no time and saves you cash! So get your day started right or boots your recovery time so you can get out there and make the most of your day!
- 8 oz water
- 2 bananas
- 2 dates
- 2 leaves of kale (if you do not have kale on hand use spinach or any other mild tasting leafy green you like)
- 1/2 inch slice of large cooked sweet potato (give or take)
- Ice (5-10 cubes)
- Ground Flax (1-2 Tbsp.)
– Throw everything in the blender and, well, blend :). Easy as that!
– Of course a high power blender will do a better job at pulverizing the greens and dates. Blend for about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
– Most importantly, enjoy!!!