Cauliflower is an often overlooked vegetable. Cauliflower contains a broad spectrum of antioxidants lowering one’s risk of cancer, has anti-inflammatory benefits helping with cardiovascular disease and cancer, is high in fiber supporting the digestive system and may be helpful for people suffering from inflammatory diseases.
This simple but delicious recipe really bring out the flavor of the often thought of as “bland” cauliflower. This is a great side dish to any meal! Eat as is or top with your favorite olive tapenade! Yummm!
To learn more about the great health benefits of cauliflower click here.
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1 Lemon
– Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
– Cut cauliflower into about 1/4 – 1/2 inch slices and place on baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
– Squeeze lemon over slices and sprinkle with salt and pepper
– Place in oven and cook until tender about 15-20 minutes. Flip half way through if so desired.
– Remove from oven, let cool and serve! We had ours with a big veggies filled salad, topped with avocado, black beans, red quinoa and diced tomatoes!