Brazil Nut Parmesan
Enjoy one of our favorite nut cheeses! Not only do we love the taste but you get the added benefit of minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus, copper, and selenium. There is some saturated fat, but this is a great way to get the benefits of the brazil nuts without over consuming when sprinkling on top of your favorite dishes! Best of all this will last a 4 day trip even with one or two nights out of the fridge!
- 1 1/2 cup Brazil Nuts
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup Cashews (to taste)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
– In a food processor fitted with the “S” blade, combine the ingredients. Turn on and plug your ears!
– Allow the processor to break down the nuts and combine until the mixture begins to pill up along the sides.
– Stop processing while the mixture is still light and fluffy. If the mixture is over-processed, it will become sticky and start to become more of a nut butter mixture.
– Experiment with the amount of cashews. The more you add, the more rich/creamy the mixture becomes!